SYNOPSIS OF AREA OF PRESENTATION AND BASIS OF TRAINING
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE [PMA]
As a motivational speaker my pet subject is Positive Mental Attitude (PMA). My interest in this area particularly springs from my understanding that this cuts across many issues that we have to deal with in life. I also seek to look at the definition of individual potential which is contained in the equation:
[IA + AA] x A = I H P
IA- Inborn Attributes; these are what you are born with, your natural tendencies, your temperament, and your general mental ability.
AA- Acquired Attributes; knowledge, skill, talent, experience and ability that you have gained or developed as you have grown and matured.
A- Attitude; the kind of mental energy that you bring to bear on your combination of inborn and acquired attributes.
IHP- Individual Human Performance
- Attitude is the most important word in the language.
- Your attitude is the way you approach life. It is your ‘angle of attack’.
- A positive mental attitude is generally optimistic and cheerful way of greeting the people, the problems and events that you encounter throughout your day.
- Your attitude is determined is by your expectations.
- Your expectations are determined by your beliefs about yourself and the world you live in.
- The Law of Belief says that whatever you believe, with feeling, becomes your reality. The more intensely you believe something to be true, the more likely it is that it will be true for you.
William James of Harvard said, “Belief creates the actual fact.”
It is in the light of this background that I took the initiative to reach out to the society to do training and inspiration talks in this area. Since 2008, I have done training and motivational speaking among;
- Students in Primary Schools
- High Schools, Colleges
- Parents’/Guardians’ meetings in schools
- Youth Groups in Churches
- Staff members in the corporate world
Other areas that am interested in that blend quite well with Team Building Activities and PMA are Self-Awareness; Self-Concept; Goal setting and Leadership.
Trainings in Institutions and Corporate Bodies to date:
Universities, Colleges, High Schools and Primary Schools, Kenya Institute of Management (KIM),Marikiti Njung’wa Welfare Group, Mini Bakeries (MSA) LTD, Mobicom (Kenya LTD), Britam (Coastal Region), Equity Bank (Digo Road Branch), West Pokot County Heads Association, Mombasa County Heads Association, CIC Insurance, SOS Village (MSA), PCEA Mt. Kenya Region ministers, Murang’a South Deputy Principals, Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC), Jatel Communications.
Team Building Activities
- KENGEN- Wanjii Power Plant
- SOs Village Mombasa
- BOM/PTA/Teaching Staff Kagonye High School
- Teaching Staff Njiiri School
- PCEA Kisauni Parish Leaders
- Youth Camps- Mombasa
- Technical University of Mombasa Student Leaders
- Murang’a South Sub-County Deputy Principals
- Board of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya[BORAQS]
- Jatel Communications
- ACK Thika Memorial School- BOM and Staff Members
- Thika Technical Institute -Leaders
- Stima Sacco Society Ltd
Church Elder in Kisauni PCEA Parish- Mombasa; Pwani Presbytery
For more information, please contact,
SAMUEL WACHIRA MACHARIA
+254 722 401 648
+254 772 649 969
Facebook: Samuel Wachira